The GRAIL Study will:
● Document the prevalence of Pre-existing cognitive impairment in patients presenting for Extra-corporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) for the treatment of kidney stones.
● Prospectively monitor cognitive function through procedural interventions
● Assess the impact of subsequent interventions on cognitive function
● Relate clinical cardiac risk factors to Pre-existing cognitive impairment
Participants will include people who are:
● 50 years of age or more
● Scheduled for Extra Corporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
An assessment of memory and thinking will take place before the angiography, and then at discharge from hospital, one week and three months post angiography.